Friday, March 11, 2011

My Baby is 1 yrs. old today!!!

Gus Michael Gardner- day 1
One month old!
Crossing over the border- 3 months old in Mexico
Brothers- 4 1/2 months old
Hooray! 6 1/2  mon. old
Disneyland  8 1/2 mon. old
Disneyland- Dad proping me up against a wall :)
Winter 2010
Christmas Eve
11 mon. old- Just before my haircut!
Today!! 1 years old!!

      Today is a bittersweet day at the Gardner House! Our baby Goose is 1 today :) I can't express how fast this year has gone by! It really feels like we brought that little guy home from the hospital yesterday. He has been such an immense blessing in our home. We feel so fortunate to have this little boy for a son. He is always Happy and is so loving and tender. His brothers love him so much and really make it their goal in life to get him to smile and laugh :) Dax especially, He's always trying out new faces & sounds to see what he will do! Cam continues to try to ride him like a pony...We continue to explain that he's a baby not a stuffed animal. He gets his 1 year old check up in Saturday so I don't have official stats but if I were to guess he's topping in at around 25 lbs--Too heavy to carry for long :) He's sporting clothes that are 18 mon--some 2T but only cuz' I need to just break down & get him a few things...With him being a Spring baby & the other boys being Summer kids there is like a season of clothes at his size I never had to buy :) He is a fast crawler and he has super-power hearing, We can be as sneaky as possible to open the laundry room door or my bedroom & before you know it the lil' stinker is right on your heals! He loves solids (finally) really likes Little Cesar's pizza we discovered the other night....Not that that will become a normal dinner for him :P He is saying a couple words here & there which is really exciting to us! Today Dayton walked into the kitchen when I was feeding him lunch and plain as day said "Dad"-- We starting cheering and laughing-He loved it!! I gave him a haircut about a month ago I just couldn't wait any longer it was probably the "hair-dresser" in me but I couldn't take the uneven mullet one more day!! I shaved it with a number 4 to just take off the really long stuff & low and behold it's coming in white!! My little "toe-headed" son..who would guess he's a 1/4 Hispanic :) Or that I'm his Mom-- Had a couple people ask me if he's a nephew!!
     We are having a birthday party on Saturday Night so pictures of that little baby covered in cake are sure to follow!! We LOVE you Goosen!!! Happy Birthday!! xoxo


P.S. Will post weight loss update this weekend, doing good even though I succumbed to a box of Hot Tamales and a Free Blizzard from Dairy Queen :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, that went fast....wasn't I just at your house a few months after he was born? Wasn't that just a little while ago? Happy Happy Birthday Gus!

Beccarigg said...

Oh the cuteness! I love how much he chunked out between his one month and 3 month picture! Chubby babies rule! I also did a double take when I saw that picture of him standing at 8 months! Then I read it and realized he was being propped up ; ) That would be crazy if your baby was walking at 8 months (although I've heard of it happening!) he sure is a cutie and sounds like an absolute sweetheart. Happy birthday little Gus!