Wednesday, July 9, 2008






Trip to Arizona

We were really fortunate to be able to head down to AZ last week, We left Tuesday Night but only drove to St. George to stay in my parents condo and it was up as early as we could drag ourselves out of bed to continue our 7+ hour trip. The boys did pretty good in the car , I had copied about three 4 hr DVD's Of Sesame Street so they just zoned out watching Elmo and friends. Upon arriving at Dayton's parents house we both lost about 5 lbs. from hauling our stuff into the house since it was a staggering 112 degrees outside!!! Man... I didn't know H**L was that close to home :) We spent as much time as possible in the pool, I was running around trying to make sure no body's (i.e. dayton and cam) SPF 50+ was wearing off too fast! The first day it took 4 hrs to get Dax confident enough to not cling to you like a little spider-monkey but man by the time we left on Monday he couldn't get out of the pool fast enough to jump to Dad! We found out Cameron is a fish, from the second he was in the water he didn't want any help from you! I was happy to get a little color even with wearing SPF30! Remember everyone, a great tan isn't worth jeopardizing your skin and ending up w/ skin cancer!! Okay I'll step off my soap box now.....But in closing had so much fun getting to see all our family, We miss them already :)

5 comments:

Heather H said...

Candance~ Awww, cute pics! It sounds like your trip was fun, I am so glad your kids were good in the car. And I would have to say you are so lucky to be able to just get a little color with SPF 30 I would have still been a big bright lobster in all that sun. If you want an invite to our blog email me at purplecow112@hotmail.com

Heather

Kasey said...

I'm so glad you guys stopped by! We miss you and the kids had a blast playing with your boys.

Julia said...

Okay, I'll stop complaining about the 90+ weather in Reno.

Cute pictures, and good soap box, too! See you soon Comando Cando! (I don't know where that came from either...)

Jujee

Erin said...

Hey Lady! All my blogs had you in mind. i miss you a ton. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. We need to chat via phone, not just blogs. Your boys are darling. We need to hook them up with my girls. Email me your number so I can give you a call. erinkusch@hotmial.com

Miss you- Erin

Beccarigg said...

What a fun trip! Your boys are so stinking cute in those pool pics! Sounds like they did good in the car too! I'm impressed, Teya doesn't do well on drives longer than 2 hours.

p.s. loved the soap box too! You're totally right of course, a good tan isn't worth skin cancer and premature wrinkles!! ; )