Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Partially Hydrogenated Oils

Partially Hydrogenated Oils
After becoming a Mom, I learned from My "foster" Mom Bashaan the dangers of PHO's and once I started reading labels at the store--I was pretty freaked out by all the "common" packaged foods that contain them--Nearly all graham crackers do...pretty scary since I was always picking them up for Dax since he had started eating solids--Even tortillas are almost all packed w/ PHO's, there is like 1 brand at Walmart (La Faorita) that is safe-- Peanut butter too...You need to get the kind you have to stir & refrigerate...you get used to it pretty fast, promise ;) Please everyone, I am not trying to scare you or make you feel guilty. I just was really happy to be informed. There are reasons our Great-grand and Grandparents possibly passed away from "old-age"..... it's that they didn't have access to all this processed and fast food-- Anyway, also I have found lots of healthy snacks at the Heath-Food store, and surprisingly they are maybe at most 25-75 cents more or if you catch a sale even less then what you would pick up a your regular grocery store :) **Click on the title to get the full explanation about PHO's , and the link at the bottom about "What's wrong with Wheat" is a good one-- May help some of you w/ food allergies you might not know that you have.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm totally with you on this one. I'm also a nut about high fructose corn syrup (it's the crack-cocaine of sugar!!!). It's in almost EVERYTHING now. I pay more for ketchup, bread products, etc. that don't have it, but I think it's worth it.

Unknown said...

very interesting I had no idea they were so bad for you! Ok so I'm not sure if I want to know anymore because I LOVE chips and crackers lol.
Thanks for the info! oh and yes I think you should have another baby! :D